Wednesday, August 22, 2012

school off center

   I have never EVER been good at school.  I struggled every day.  Nothing ever came easy.  I didn't really learn to read until 5th grade and to this day I can't tell time or make change.  Don't even ask about a foreign language.  So how did I learn to make it through college.

   OK I didn't really make it through college I rocked it out.  Once I learned that I don't like to study during the day and not everyone has to read upright.  I use put on my head phones and listen to music and write papers all night long.  What did my poor roommates think?  I don't think they liked it very much.  Matter of fact I don't blame half of them for having never spoke to me after we parted ways.

   So what has that got to do with life today not a whole lot but I like to think that even though it takes me 5 to 10 times longer to learn something or even understand something that I will eventually get it.  I have to believe that I have the capacity to eventually learn what comes easy to everyone else. 

   Take a quick look at how YOU learn and then remember to be kind to yourself.  Some of us need to make the same mistake over and over again.  I believe in you.


       

No comments:

Post a Comment